Saturday, 11 April 2015

Value your Treasure

To love and cherish those who love us. A simple seven worded sentence. With immense meaning to reflect upon. By personal experience too, I tell you this.
We often overlook those small instances in our lives, those small yet more than significant roles that certain people play in our lives, that help us be who we are. I'm now directly speaking to those, who are never satisfied with what they have.
Who are always having that thirst for more. Not success or money wise. But they are on a journey of self discovery. They aren't satisfied with their present, hence go on to explore the world and different people in their journey of self satisfaction. But, how long can one carry on like this? How many more friends, acquaintances, or people can one maintain? I was on a similar path too. I left the people who loved me dearly stranded in hope of me returning, in a conquest of knowing more people, making new friends, and living free. Although it seemed exhilarating at the beginning, it turned out to be meaningless and goalless after a certain while. I was fortunate enough to have this feeling of self realization at a much early stage. And you wouldn't believe how it happened. Some might tag this to be a love story. I'd rather call it an awakening.
I was talking to one of those people, who  I had left behind in my this conquest. And just catching up normally with each other's life. And suddenly, there came a topic of conversation, wherein we discussed how much I had changed in the recent times. And as this topic came, tears started dropping from my friend's eyes. Glistening and reflecting the light of the setting sun, Each of her teardrop seemed like a pearl fall down from her eye. The tear rolled right through her cheeks and landed straight on my arm. And I had a sudden flashback. In the recent times, no matter how much I shrugged her off, no matter how much I tried to leave, some people never gave up on me. They were still standing beside me, like my support system. I realized something very important. Maybe the most important life lesson I've learnt so far.
Some things aren't worth what you're sacrificing. People who love you, and are always there with you no matter what, should rightfully be given the important place they have in our hearts. We can't just shrug them off in search of pastures new. We must most necessarily sort out are acquaintances, friends and loved ones. A simple I love you to those you truly love wouldn't cost you much. But what it does is cancels out the grantedness inside of us. And makes the opposite person know, What they mean to us. It's an indirect thank you for the role they've played in our lives.
"Do not search for treasure all around the world, without being aware that all this while, it was always in your very own backyard."
Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment