With Great Expectations, Come Great Disappointments.
Withered expectations,
They crumble to the ground,
Their pieces scattered,
And you turn around.
I stand with regret,
Tears clear as glass,
It was all my doing,
I caused the crash.
I wont pretend to be ignorant,
Wont pretend I don't know,
You had my life planned,
My future's ascending flow.
Be bold, be charming,
Be intelligent, you say,
Be polite, be sophisticated,
Be perfect in every way.
But I stand here,
Knowing I have failed,
Broken pieces of expectations,
Have made my face pale.
I am ashamed and afraid,
Inside, I am wrecked,
I'm a disgrace to you,
Because I'm not perfect.
These expectations on the floor,
They are proof enough that I,
Will never be that one,
No matter how hard I try.
Expectations can be vicious things
Casting a mirage, making things appear sugary sweet
Playing tricks on your mind and spinning you in
You're envisioning your perfect fantasy
Taking that fateful step towards uncertainty. Uncertainty of, the to-be.
Head high and heart full of blissful unrealistic expectations
You find yourself stumbling in upon...
Nothing.
But emptiness,
And your shattered dreams.
Well writter! Keep up the good work!
ReplyDeleteWell writter! Keep up the good work!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much! 😊
DeleteThank you so much! 😊
Delete