Tuesday, 22 March 2016

Just One More Chance.

"Mom! I'm going down to play!"

"Drink your milk first!"

"Only if its mango milkshake!"

"I've already made your bournvita!"

"I'll drink that in the evening. Make me my milkshake! But make it fast, they're already making the teams, I'll miss my batting if I get late!"

This is how my morning in the summer vacations used to start. Innumerable rubber balls lost, unaccountable fights taken place over decisions of out or not out.
The morning sessions would be filled with great fun until the sun was vulnerable at 1pm, which became our lunch time.

Evening sessions began with no strings attached over the morning controversies and another session of fun box cricket until dinner.

A session of badminton was followed after dinner at 10pm.

How I miss my childhood!
We lose our jobs, we can get another one.
We fail exams, we reappear.
But once childhood is lost, it doesn't come back.
Unfair. Terribly unfair.

I have nothing to do throughout my vacation.
Trapped inside a gadget in my house, typing on screens, changing channels and clicking the mouse is only activity I posses.
I want to go out in that hot vulnerable sun and play to my heart's extent. Play until I get dehydrated. Smash some rubber balls until they tear off. Have some fights with the opponent team members over run out decisions. I just want to play a lot.

More than I miss my childhood, I pity today's generation.
What will they know the fun about drinking 'nimbu paani' after finishing the morning session of cricket.
What do they know about getting scolded by the owner whose window was broken by an amazing shot.

I wish I got another chance to enjoy my childhood to the maximum.
Just one more chance.

1 comment: