Disclaimer - The post you read below is a complete expression of the writers thought, and not a law to be implemented and followed, nor a trend to be begun and mimic.
Now, you - the reader would be in wonder about the "disclaimer for a blog post?"
Well yeah, isn't this necessary in today's India where people get offended to words like 'Punjab' or 'Elections'?
Over the past year and a half, since I've enrolled myself into a course that studies Media, I've slowly and gradually understood the importance of cinema in ones environment.
Cinema is culture, cinema is expression and cinema is pure entertainment.
Why is cinema so many things?
One makes a feature film to express his thoughts (while I say this, I don't mean this for films like Dilwale or Housefull 3) and in many scenarios explain to the viewers about what's right and what's wrong, rather than who's right and who's wrong.
When the Udta Punjab controversy took place, for a moment I felt, why is this even becoming such a big issue?
A country obsessed with Politics, will obviously involve Politics in every controversy!
What was the need to make statements like Anurag Kashyap was paid by a Political Party to be a part of this controversy?
At a point, don't you realize that it's his Film, he's shed his blood and sweat over the past 3 years on implementing this film. What would convince him to not stand up against this injustice to expression of thoughts about ₹7,000 crore drug menace in this country!
When the apparent "Central Board of Film Certification", censors film rather than just Certify it and leave it for the audience to judge what's right and what's wrong, then where's the quotient of 'For the people, by the people'?
Since the day I started studying Media, I realized how much creativity matters to survive in this world of competition. Exactly opposite of what the schooling system EVER taught me!
If a film like UdtaPunjab supposedly inspires youngsters to get into drugs, the country needs to educate, not censor!
Now connecting the dots, the route to achieve what you want has always been the Orthodox way of following culture and traditions, while what I feel is we've been left behind as a nation looking at those aspects.
Enhance Creativity, culture changes as and when time changes!
Politics is not the end of the world. Even Politicians and Political Parties approach Creative Writers to build their election campaigns. And then, WE, as a whole fight against politicians to allow creative minds to survive in THIS world!
Look beyond.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteVery nicely written. Well done. Keep writing India needs many young bold journalists like you. Dr Sharmistha Majumdar
ReplyDeleteThank You So Much Ma'am. Such appreciation gives great motivation!
DeleteThank You So Much Ma'am. Such appreciation gives great motivation!
Delete